Online Discount Sales Strategies &amp; Today's Jetsetter Deal
Snapdragon Inn has been testing different sales strategies in the online and discount channel markets trying to buck industry trends and create sales programs that work for our particular property year round. So you may see us all over the web in the coming weeks as we explore partnerships with highly localized travel partners as well as some of the big players in this travel segment.
Today we launch a five day “flash sale” with our partners at Jetsetter. Jetsetter is a bit different than some other online sales sites. They send travel editors (actual real live experienced travel writers) to many of their partner properties, perform a lot of due diligence, and of course look for the most exciting mix of deals for their members. You can search their site by theme or by geographic location and they have plenty of appealing options for all types of travelers. We are happy to work with them and look forward to the next five days as we test another marketing opportunity for our growing brand. Plus you can get a sweet deal on a room at Snapdragon Inn by checking out the current sales event.
Let us know what you think about online travel sites and discount sites by commenting below. Which ones do you prefer and why? Are you a Groupon groupie, a Jetsetter member, a Living Social user, or do you prefer to find our own adventure without the help of the world wide web?
3 short films: Move, Learn, Eat
Although, we don’t get to do as much traveling as we all might dream of, we try to make little adventures where we can and certainly enjoy helping our guests enjoy their adventure to rural Vermont. We saw this incredible link and it brought rushes of amazing travel memories and awoke the travel bug in a BIG WAY. Thanks to Anne over at Pret a Voyager and her always inspiring travel related links. Check out these short films.
From their site:
3 guys, 44 days, 11 countries, 18 flights, 38 thousand miles, an exploding volcano, 2 cameras and almost a terabyte of footage… all to turn 3 ambitious linear concepts based on movement, learning and food ….into 3 beautiful and hopefully compelling short films…..
= a trip of a lifetime.
move, eat, learn
Rick Mereki : Director, producer, additional camera and editing
Tim White : DOP, producer, primary editing, sound
Andrew Lees : Actor, mover, groover
Surprise in the walls
I am wondering if we should sneak in a paper from 2010 somewhere for someone to find in 2080. Now doesn’t that sound crazy????!!!
Have a wonderful, sunny, summery weekend everyone!
Why come to Vermont?
The comment I hear most about the Snapdragon Inn is “I would love to stay there, but I just don’t know if I’ll ever get to Vermont.”
Well here are some great reasons to make New England one of your vacation destinations when visiting the U.S. If you love to drive and tour the scenic byways, a trip to Vermont could be just the ticket to creating a memorable adventure for you and your family.
1. Vermont is unbelievably lush and beautiful three seasons of the year. The transition from winter to spring can be a bit muddy, but overall there is something beautiful to see all the time.
2. Vermont is a wonderful place to really feel like you are getting away from it all. Although I only lived in Vermont for one year, whenever I need to relax, I think about walking along the little dirt road to my mom and dad’s house in Barnard. There is something incredibly peaceful about the surroundings.
3. Great antiques! Just about every town has some treasure trove for antique shoppers.
4. Outdoor activities–biking, skiing, fishing, boating, running, walking, hiking, there’s a place for all of that in Vermont. There are great books found either through Northshire Books or Amazon.com that can guide you to some great spots. Mt. Ascutney is one of our family favorites.
5. Only 3 hours from Boston- Take in the sights of Boston and then finish off your vacation with a relaxing day or two in Vermont. Getting to the Snapdragon Inn from Logan Airport is relatively easy and it’s a beautiful drive.
6. Snapdragon Inn is just 20 minutes from New Hampshire–home of NO SALES TAX!
7. Driving across the US is a great experience. Our family has seen multiple states and it’s always a treat to see the different landscapes of this amazing country.
8. If you love nature, Vermont is one of the best places to see birds, animals and foliage of all kinds. It’s also a great place to learn about environmental issues–for instance, Simon Pearce glass works (Quechee and Windsor) uses hydroelectric power. You can learn about it on a tour of their facilities.
9. Great colleges in the area- Dartmouth, Vermont Law School, Middlebury, Bennington and University of Vermont
10. All within an hour or two from Snapdragon Inn: Ben and Jerry’s factory, Montpelier (State Capital), Woodstock Inn (and Billings Farm), Montshire Museum, Simon Pearce, St. Gaudens State Park, Vermont Teddy Bear Factory, Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe (think Sound of Music–the real story), Dartmouth College (and the town of Hanover, NH)
So even though there may not be the fast paced night life, a roller coaster or a soft and sandy palm tree filled beach, there is plenty in Vermont- including the Snapdragon Inn, that make it a memorable destination for anyone.
I recently saw the movie Enchanted April for the first time. If you haven’t seen it, I think you should. Especially if you live in rainy England and you want to go to sunny Italy. One of the themes of the movie is how healing getting away from your regular every day can be.
When I visited Hawaii for the first time in 2003, I had the same experience. Looking out into the ocean as far as you can see was mesmerizing. I had to be at the beach at Sunset every night we were there. One night we were on the beach and the stars felt like they were surrounding us. It was therapeutic, spiritual, relaxing and amazing all at once. I came home to my then two small girls and felt more grateful for my beautiful life and all the fantastic beauty there is in the world.
Where would you spend your Enchanted April?
What are the qualities you need in a true GET-AWAY?
Thanks for all the comments last week. That was an awesome giveaway wasn’t it?